School counselors are an important part of the educational leadership team. Counselors work with school staff, students, parents, and the community to create a caring, supportive climate, whereby children can thrive socially, emotionally and academically.
Email: [email protected]
WHAT DOES THE COUNSELOR DO?
- Individual counseling with students
- Leads small group discussions & activities on targeted interventions
- Collaborates with parents, teachers, and administrators
- Provides referrals to resources outside of school
- Supports the overall school environment
WHAT DOES THE COUNSELOR TALK ABOUT?
- SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL: self-mastery, compassion, respect for self and others, resiliency, problem solving, conflict resolution, etc.
- ACADEMIC: Skills that lead to academic success and connect learning to real life
- CAREER: Exploring skills and abilities that lead to a rewarding future (even at this young age)
HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT?
- An organized system is currently being facilitated. Faculty will be updated regarding the appropriate referral process very soon!