The first day of school is rapidly approaching and we are getting excited about seeing our amazing students again! Again, I’m going to apologize ahead of time for the lengthy email and attachments, but we wanted to update you on a few important things regarding the start of school.
- For those planning on returning to school “in-person,” please go to the following link to review new protocols and procedures we have put in place: https://bit.ly/MeadowReopening-FacetoFace
- For those planning on doing online-school supported, please go to the following link to review the plans and procedures we have put in place: https://bit.ly/MeadowReopening-Online
- We have a new “Secure Entry” system that has been installed at Meadow Elementary! Please see the following link with the new procedure for entering the school: https://bit.ly/NewSecureEntry
- Serving on our School Community Council is a wonderful way for parents and teachers to contribute and help improve academic performance at our school. The school receives an annual dividend from the school trust lands. Our council decides how these funds will be used. We currently have 4 positions open on our Council. Please see the attached application if you are interested in being a candidate! 2.2 School Community Council Candidate Form.docx These applications must be turned into the front office by August 12th. Our election will run from August 17-24, with more information coming
- Our Meadow Open House will be held on Monday, August 17th. We will have some very specific guidelines and procedures in place, as we will need to hold this event in a very different way than is normally done! We will send more information regarding Open House in next week’s newsletter!
The parent portal in Skyward to view students’ class placements for the 2020-21 school year will be open on August 11th. Due to the difficulty of balancing class sizes, needs, different learning platforms, and many other issues, WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING ANY REQUESTS FOR SPECIFIC TEACHER ASSIGNMENT CHANGES. We appreciate your understanding as we try to navigate a very complicated process!
Our situation continues to change day by day; however, we are looking forward to the first day of school on August 18th! Look for more information in the next week about our plans to start school this year! And, when we send info, please read it carefully because we are obviously in a very different situation than we have ever been at the start of a school year–we hope to communicate our plans moving forward as effectively as possible!
Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support of our amazing Meadow teachers, staff, students, and community! Together, we are “ONE Team, ONE Dream!!
Alisa Hart, Principal
Copyright © 2020 Alpine School District. All rights reserved.